I’m a happy, happy girl today! Have you ever experienced a magical moment of synergy? When something so impulsive and spur-of-the-moment becomes something amazing and exciting? It was an idea that popped up out of nowhere, “Hey, let’s make a magazine. Wouldn’t that be fun?” That’s essentially how the very first issue of 30A Street Style came about on a whim this summer. Sometimes recreating those totally awesome unplanned moments don’t always work and I’ve been trying to organize the follow up to what was an out-of-the-blue debut. We had so much positive feedback and enthusiasm that I didn’t want to put out a second e-zine unless it was as good or better than the first. What eventually came together is an issue that I truly love and am so proud of. It has fashion. It has real people. It has our gorgeous beaches. It has usable tips. And (I think) it has fun. At the very least, I had fun creating it. I was lucky enough to chat with the lovely Cassie Kelley of Womanista, the talented Mychael Knight of Project Runway, local blogger Sarah Powers of Closetini and put together plenty of fun fashion with my girl Caitlyn Ward. Please take a moment to check it out and let me know what you think. Click here to jump to the full e-zine.
I love love LOVE the beauty of the blogosphere. Keeping up with friends old, new and even those never met helps me feel a little more connected and in touch. In the midst of a crazy week at work and piles of laundry at home that seem to reproduce spontaneously, I can check in with a few favorite blogs, scroll through inspirational words, photos of shopping inspiration, easy meal ideas and more. Though it seems like I never have enough time to fully digest ALL of my reading lists, I love discovering new tumblrs, blogs or profiles to follow and I’m sure you do, too.
Even though mine are a wee bit late this week, nevertheless, here are a few that have been especially lovely.
- Anything cobalt. Anything mint.
- Cassie over at Womanista celebrated her big 3-0 back in February and I finally got around to reading about a few of the things she’s learned in three decades. If you, like me, have been made acutely aware that the same milestone birthday is fast approaching this year, now’s the time to hop over and read all about it.
- My FSU girl Cory of Eat & Relish is typically overflowing with delicious and healthy recipes and gorgeous tidbits of her adorable new San Fran life, complete with the cutest pug. Today, she pleasantly surprised us with a treat of her first Friday faves that includes food AND fashion (squeal!). I automatically want all of her “Get in my closet” links. Thanks, Cory!
- Keeping with the food topic, I have been slightly obsessed with eating these in the morning, either made by me (yes, me!) or purchased directly from this Grayton Beach coffee house.
- Next on my shopping list are pants like these seen on Cathy (another FSU girl) over at Poor Little It Girl. I love the spring styling head to toe!
- Last but not least is darling Ainsley who always has the most lovely words. This week she delves into self-scrutiny and acceptance. It’s a beautiful thing!
Hope all of you enjoy a pretty sweet weekend!
More About Me
On my way to the first night of the 30A Songwriters Festival, I had to pull over not once, but three times to snap a few pictures as the sun went down. It was just that good.
Over Western Lake
Over Camp Creek Lake